Adding a Virtual Classroom (BBC Ultra) to your D2L Course
The Virtual Classroom (VC) uses a web-based platform called Blackboard Collaborate Ultra. The function of a VC, is to serve as the online meeting space for a D2L course. BBC Ultra is designed specifically to allow instructors to spend more time teaching and less time setting up.
How to add a Virtual Classroom (BBC Ultra) to your D2L Course
1. In the Content area of your D2L course, create a new module for the virtual classroom.
2. In the new module, click to expand the Add Existing Activities drop down menu, then select External Learning Tools.
3. Select Virtual Classroom (VC).
4. To access the course room or create a new session, click on the blue Virtual Classroom (VC) hyperlink.
Note: To change the Title of the Virtual Classroom link, click on the down arrow to the right of the link and select Edit Properties In-Place.
5. To access the Course Room that has been been auto-created for you, click on the blue Join room hyperlink.
To create a new session, click on the Create Session button.
6. Enter a Title for the new session.
7. Event Details options:
- Select a Start and End date for the session.
- Select No End (Open Session) to keep the room open for the entire semester.
- Select Repeat Session to create multiple iterations of the same session.
8. Choose an Early Entry time (optional) and/or Add a description of the new session (optional).
In the Session Settings area, you can choose to Allow Recording Downloads and set Moderator and Participant Permissions.
When you are finished with the Session Settings, click on the Save button.
Click on the following link for more information on how to use your Virtual Classroom: BBC Ultra Virtual Classroom Resources.