Topics Map > UWP Help Desk
Topics Map > Learning Technology > Kaltura
Topics Map > Learning Technology > Media Space
Getting Started with CaptureSpace Desktop Recorder
Kaltura CaptureSpace Lite is UW-Parkside's LMS (D2L) integrated webcam, screen, and audio recorder application.
From outside of D2L:
- Log into https://kaltura.uwp.edu using your UW-Parkside Net ID and Password.
Click on Add New > CaptureSpace Lite.
From within D2L:
- Course Homepage > My Tools > My Media > Add New > CaptureSpace Lite
- D2L Course Homepage > My Media [widget] > Add New > CaptureSpace Lite
How to install CaptureSpace Lite:
- Log into kaltura.uwp.edu using your UW-Parkside NetID and Password.
From the Add New menu, select CaptureSpace Lite.
- Download the installation file for Windows or Mac.
- Run the installation file to install CaptureSpace Lite.
- Go back to the Add New menu and select CaptureSpace Lite again.
- The website will automatically identify that you already installed the application and will launch the application within seconds.
After installing CaptureSpace Lite desktop recorder, you'll see four tabs at the top:
On the Record tab, there are four different recording options available:
- Record the screen and voice
- Record the screen and webcam
- Record only webcam
- Record only voice
Alt-D launches drawing tool control for annotation during a screen record.
Alt-P pauses recording and launches recording controls during a recording
The Library tab enables you to browse through previous recordings. You can also use the search box to quickly find recordings.
The Settings tab is a centralized screen that enables you to manage the CaptureSpace Lite Desktop Recorder. Here you can:
- Determine the location where your video files are stored before they are uploaded to Kaltura.
- Select any webcam from the drop down list and see the preview.
- Select the recording quality: 480p or 720p for webcam, 720p or 1080p for screen recording.
- Select any microphone from the drop down list and gauge the voice level using the microphone meter.
The Help tab provides you with the following information:
- Information about the logged in user.
- Recorder version number.
- Website where the will be able to find their recordings.