Installing the CaptureSpace Desktop Recorder
You can access CaptureSpace Lite from the following locations:
Kaltura CaptureSpace Lite is UW-Parkside's LMS (D2L) integrated webcam, screen, and audio recorder application.
From outside of D2L:
- Log into https://kaltura.uwp.edu using your UW-Parkside Net ID and Password.
Click on Add New > CaptureSpace Lite.
From within D2L:
- Course Homepage > My Tools > My Media > Add New > CaptureSpace Lite
Minimum System Requirements:
- WindowsTM 7,8, 8.1, 10 32/64 bit with .NET Framework 4.0+ and Visual Studio runtime tools
- Mac OS X 10.8 and up
- [Option A] Log into https://kaltura.uwp.edu using your UW-Parkside Net ID and Password.
[Option B] From within a D2L course > My Tools drop down menu > My Media.
- Click on Add New > select CaptureSpace Lite.
- A new window will open with downloading instructions.
- When downloading the application for the first time you may be prompted by the browser to approve the application. Each browser may prompt you with a unique message. The following screen shows the External Protocol Request window as it appears when using Chrome.
Click on the Launch Application button to download the CaptureSpace Desktop Recorder to your computer.
- Download the installation file for Windows or Mac.
- After the Kaltura CaptureSpace Desktop recorder downloads, click Install.
*If using a Mac, drag the Kaltura CaptureSpace Desktop Recorder application to the applications folder.
- The following message will appear when the application has finished installing. Click OK.
- Go back to the My Media > Add New drop down menu and select CaptureSpace Lite to open the recorder.
- The Launch Application window will appear to verify that you want to open the CaptureSpace Desktop Recorder. The Kaltura CaptureSpace Desktop Recorder tool should be highlighted. Click OK.
- The CaptureSpace Desktop Recorder will launch.